Saturday, February 9, 2008

Rasuah = Jenayah

Rasuah = Jenayah, corruption = crime.
Corruption is very common in one of the country, a very common corruption is to feed the kopi duit to the police. Standard price for speeding is RM50.

There are many cases when I speed in the country and I was being stopped by the police. I am prepared for the summons being issued. However, the police will ask me "hey, do you want to settle?" Then I told the police "Please issue me a summon". The police shocked and tell me "Do you know summons is very expensive?" 'Yes" I said. Then the police told me, is ok, I give you a chance and you can go....

The above cases are real cases, it happened to me many times. Few thing I can guess, there isnt sufficient proof that I was speeding, and they are just setting the road block for the sake of setting the road block. They are preparing for the money given by the drivers, and they feel so shocked when I refused to give them any.

You may think that this is a small matter, but just imagine, a country with corruption means a country with no development. A murderer can be released because of corruption, a drug trader can be released because of corruption. Any laws or rules are unable to be implemented.

An authority does not allow the hawker to sell food at the road side, this may be due to health issue and also this will affect the traffic. However, how many hawkers are actually have the license to trade at the authorised place? Are the relevant departments blind? They did not realise that the traffic at Penang Road, Penang is terrible? being blocked by the hawkers? They do, of course? But they are more happy when they see more hawkers doing business there because they need more money to feed more children, setting a good hifi system at home and buying instalment free sofa from Courts Superstore.

Corruption, all about corruption, many that you know, many that being released in newspaper, many that you are encountered day to day .. but what has the country done? Remember what our new PM said when he take over the seat from Dr.M? But what can he do now?

No comments: